McDonald’s Publishes 2009 Corporate Responsibility Report
McDonald's Corporation released a 2009 Corporate Responsibility Report focusing on the company's practices in "sustainable supply chain, nutrition and well-being, environmental responsibility, employment experience, community and corporate governance and ethics."
The company said highlights include:
- Sustainable Supply Chain – In 2008, 98% of the whitefish sourced for McDonald's Filet-O-Fish sandwiches originated from fisheries with favorable sustainability ratings
- Nutrition and Well-Being – All nine of McDonald's largest markets* offer a fruit and/or vegetable option for Happy Meals, such as fruit bags, cherry tomatoes, corn cups and Apple Dippers
- Environmental Responsibility - In McDonald's Europe, more than 80% of used cooking oil is converted into biodiesel fuel
- Employment Experience – More than 80% of company-owned restaurant employees in McDonald's nine largest markets say they would recommend working at McDonald’s to a friend
- Community – Since 2002, McDonald's and its customers have raised nearly $150 million to support the work of Ronald McDonald House Charities through our annual fundraiser, McHappy Day, to help children and their families in need around the world
The full report can be downloaded here.