A new television/video program, “Business In Society,” delivering news and analysis on how business is addressing global society’s macro problems — among them, the environment, energy conservation, and women’s empowerment — debuts Saturday, March 30th, 2013.Full Story»
Moscow-based CSR consultant Tatiana Klimova discusses social responsibility in Russia: its historical prerequisites, current dramatic changes and further development issues.
A new pattern is emerging in the global tobacco wars. As top cigarette makers lose clout with national governments, countries around the world are adopting more stringent rules to combat the public health burdens of smoking. To strike back, top cigarette makers are increasingly invoking long-standing trade agreements to try to thwart some of the toughest laws.
An advisor on information and communications issues argues that the The Global Reporting Initiative seems to completely ignore two of the most significant human rights issues of our time—freedom of expression and privacy—and hasn’t kept pace with the explosion of the information and communications technology industry.
More in this category
- HSBC’s Money Laundering Lapses, By the Numbers
- Study: Fair Trade Marketing Can Boost High-End Sales
- Beyond Barclays: Laying out the Libor Investigations
- Will the Paralyzed West Be Surpassed by the Sustainable Rest?
- Advice From Walmart Exec at Center of Scandal: ‘Personal Integrity’ is Key
- Apple, Foxconn, Promise Improvements for Workers