While sustainability is increasingly “appearing on the radars and agendas of companies around the world,” a clear gap exists between corporate “words” and “action,” according to the newly-released Global Corporate Sustainability Report 2013 from the United Nations Global Compact.Full Story»
A new initiative to develop standards for reporting on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues by publicly-held U.S. companies has launched its first set of standards – for the health care sector – with ambitious plans to develop similar standards for more than 80 industries in 10 sectors over the next two years.
Organizers from Earth Day Network (EDN), the non-profit group dedicated to diversifying and mobilizing the environmental movement through planning and coordinating Earth Day activities and events around the world, have chosen “The Face of Climate Change” as the theme for 2013’s celebration on April 22.
Moscow-based CSR consultant Tatiana Klimova discusses social responsibility in Russia: its historical prerequisites, current dramatic changes and further development issues.
More in this category
- Business and Human Rights: Interview with John Ruggie
- Panera Cares: An Experiment in Corporate Responsibility
- UN Council Endorses Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Following Kimberly-Clark’s Agreements on Wood Sourcing and Recycling
- Opinion: Traditional Philanthropy Gives Way to a New Power
- Opinion: When Women Rule the C-Suite