An executive for an investment firm that adheres to the principles of Islam and Islamic finance explains why the firm has stepped into the arena of shareholder engagement with its first shareholder resolution, calling on Exxon Mobil to increase transparency in its lobbying spending.Full Story»
Many investors could increase profits and assemble a portfolio more in accord with their personal values if they actively managed their own investments. This opportunity is in part due to the vast resources of the web. But particular knowledge is also essential for successful do-it-yourself (DIY) ethical investing.
It is generally held that corporate social responsibility (CSR) could increase company profits and thus most large companies are actively engaged in it. But few executives and managers are aware of the research on this important subject. Analyst Ron Robins takes a look at what’s been written.
Teaching our kids about sustainability and green living is one of the most important things we can do to safeguard the future of humanity and the planet we inhabit. The North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) reports that environmental education teaches children how to learn about and investigate their environment and to make intelligent, informed decisions about sustainability.
More in this category
- Will a Natural Resource ‘Revolution’ Create a Trillion Dollar Opportunity?
- Is Apple Really Serious About Sustainability?
- How to Get Involved in Earth Day 2014 – That’s April 22!
- How a Culture of Purpose Can Help Business Thrive
- International Labor Standards and Corporate Supply Chains: An Interview with Richard Locke
- The Most Important Climate Change Question: How Will Investors React?