Patients may think their insurers are fighting on their behalf for the best prices. But saving patients money is often not their top priority. Just ask Michael Frank.
Following multiple scandals, investors persuade the bank to review what went wrong. Among the items being looked at: identifying systemic cultural and ethical root causes of the abuses, including at the board level. The goal: making sure it doesn’t happen again.
Columnist Gael O’Brien samples “Futures Thinking” at the annual BSR conference for sustainability executives.
- Changing Culture and Ethics at Uber
- A Force for Change? CEOs Speak Out on Social Issues
- Google Controversy Highlights Challenge of Building…
- How VW Paid $25 Billion for Dieselgate — And Got Off Easy
- Dozens of Companies Are Using Facebook to Exclude Older…
- In Search of Corporate Values: Wells Fargo Agrees to Listen…
“B-Corp” is a certification awarded by the non-profit B Lab to for-profit companies which meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
Decisions in recent legal cases are fueling debate about whether the First Amendment’s protection of commercial speech could undermine the FDA’s ability to prevent drug marketing abuses.