Should companies embrace the notion that profit and social purpose are both critical elements of business success? BlackRock CEO Larry Fink says ‘Yes’ – and big asset managers increasingly agree.
Patients may think their insurers are fighting on their behalf for the best prices. But saving patients money is often not their top priority. Just ask Michael Frank.
Following multiple scandals, investors persuade the bank to review what went wrong. Among the items being looked at: identifying systemic cultural and ethical root causes of the abuses, including at the board level. The goal: making sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Changing Culture and Ethics at Uber
- A Force for Change? CEOs Speak Out on Social Issues
- In Search of Corporate Values: Wells Fargo Agrees to Listen…
- How VW Paid $25 Billion for Dieselgate — And Got Off Easy
- Dozens of Companies Are Using Facebook to Exclude Older…
- After a Long Holdout, Tobacco Companies to Issue Mea Culpas
“B-Corp” is a certification awarded by the non-profit B Lab to for-profit companies which meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.